Friday, October 05, 2012

Project Shutdown

I need to work on my internet addiction. I've been going on and on about this. Yaddity yaddity yap. And yet, I persistently fail at doing anything about it. I try, true. But in all my attempts, I am yet to achieve anything of any decent worth. 

Let us narrow it down a tad. Truth is, by internet addiction, I specifically mean social networking sites. To be all the more specific, Facebook. Thus, Project Shutdown is what I've decided upon.

My Facebook password has been changed to something I can't possibly remember and my public Twitter account will be left alone as I migrate to my private one.

Initiate countdown sequence.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1!

Project Shutdown is now officially in session.

For 30 days, I will not log on to neither my Facebook nor my public Twitter. These restrictions may not mean much to many but they should do. Believe me, taking into consideration how much combined time I spend on both sites, they most definitely should do.

I wish I was doing this for a more noble cause. I could be doing this in protest against the Cybercrime Law or to even raise awareness of how the internet has taken over our lives or some junk. But I'm not. I have more personal reasons.

Thinking it through, this entire thing might come off to some as a cry for attention and just maybe, it is. My rationale tells me that it actually could be. But trust me when I say that by doing this, I have the sole intention of finding peace. In a more dramatic context, of soothing my distraught soul. :))

I've let loneliness grab hold of my heart and I've been entirely too dependent on other people in feeling better. I've lost touch with my happy place and having so, I am unable to make myself happy all on my own. I'm sad all the time, just a melancholic mess. Having people around just distracts me from the dealing with real problem at hand.

In the next 30 days, I'll work on being better.
And in the process, maybe I'll work on figuring other things out as well. :)
Today marks day 1.

1 comment

  1. that's good, as long as you spare this blog. This is the only site that I could "stalk" you XD. good luck on your major rehabilitation on internet addiction and also your self-improvement, I am hoping to read your next blog entries with good news.

    hopefully, when we see each other again and draw, let's talk to our heart's content. :D

    take care always joey! :*

    ReplyDelete