Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Girl Who Ran

Hi there! :3 Just so you're up to speed on things, project shutdown has been discontinued. LOL. I've been meaning to blog about it but, well, I keep forgetting. Shutting people out wasn't exactly the best way to handle things. Isolation wasn't the answer. It never is.

At the time, I drew this in my doodle book. (Edited for reasons)

This was supposed to be the cover page of a story I wanted to draw -- but didn't. A visual storybook, if you will.
It's about the little girl who ran.

She ran when she was angry.
She ran when she was sad.
She ran when she was lonely.
She ran when she was mad.

She ran when things got hard.
She ran when she was scared.
She ran when she got hurt.
She ran when no one cared.


She ran and ran and ran, farther and farther away each time.
She ran in search of something she didn't know even existed.
And, truth was, even she didn't know what it was.

The little girl then found a quaint town not much different from the other towns she has been.
The people weren't much different either. It seemed like a nice place to live in and in that little town, for a while, she did stay.

She stood at the edge of that town one day,
To run like how she always did.
Her shoes were worn and tattered and old.
But goodbye to this town, she must bid.

She looked at her shoes, she looked at the town.
She looked at the winding road ahead.
She looked at the town and she looked at her shoes.
How many times had she fled?

She could not count, she did not know.
She looked at the town once more.
How much further did she have to run?
Her feet were bruised and sore.

For once in her life, she was not sure.
"I think I'll try," she said.
She turned around, she would not run.
She chose to stay instead.

It's really a story about me and how I always choose to run away from everything. 'Project Shutdown' was me running away, lol. I don't want to anymore.

I'm learning how to face things and finish things. After so long, I finally finished the verse I wanted to have up on my wall! :D Philippians 4:13. It's my favorite.


I knew about this verse from a song by Mattew West entitled 'Strong Enough'.
I like the verse because of the song and I like the song because of the verse. :D


I have to check on the aquarium now. I had a fish die just today from the so-called 'New Tank Syndrome' when I was changing the water so I bought new fish. I found out that you're only supposed to change more or less 50% of the water at a time or else they'll die. I also found out that 'koi' means 'carp' in Japanese. So, apparently, I have carps. LOL. I'll just call them kois. :D

I HAVE KOIS. :) And what I consider to be rather interesting is that I might have hammerhead sharks as well. I think. Hammerhead shark fish? Hahaha. At least that was what the people at the pet store labeled them as.

I bought 3 baby kois, 1 baby hammerhead fish and 1 baby janitor fish. I call them babies cause they're minuscule compared to the ones we already have. 1 baby hammerhead must've accidentally gotten in the mix cause I have 2 now. That makes for 6 new baby fish! Yay! :D

Excuse me for they now require my immediate attention. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment