Tuesday, August 28, 2018

A Journal Excerpt

"It's been a long while since I last trekked through the confines of my mind. I've been cautious -- I wear safety gear and goggles, careful to not tread too deeply into the muck, going only as far as to understand what I'm feeling but not far enough to understand why. I wade a little longer and nothing keeps it from hitting like a sudden downpour of rain that falls so heavy that it hurts.

I'm now here in my room, dazed from the exhaustion of having to keep up with everyday life, with only sad songs to keep me company. When did home become such a place I dread being in? It was once the only place I considered safe and now, I want to be anywhere else but here."

It's time I plant flowers in places they used to bloom and I hope you find the courage to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment