Sunday, April 01, 2012

Earth Hour

To start this off,
HAPPY EARTH HOUR DAY! :D

Well, actually, I had meant to write this post yesterday but I couldn't muster up enough of anything, be it the willpower or the strength, to work on it; I was too tried.

So, let me correct what I should and start this off instead with
HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY! :D

But before I get to how awesome my April Fool's Day turned out to be, I shall recall what had happened yesternight.

I attended Earth Hour with Jason, Jasmine and Ace at Magsaysay park. The thing was, before we arrived, I was a tad fidgety as I had Shishi and Thor over at my house while I kept Jasmine waiting for me at her family shop. In the spur of the moment, I absentmindedly left both my camera and my wallet at home. Fortunately for me, Jason had money so funds were the least of my worries. But left with no other choice, I had to resort to using my phone's camera and it frustrated me so.

I suppose I shouldn't feel too bad. Bad coverage is better than no coverage, right? Hahaha. When all else fails, I say make everything black and white! :))



We got lanterns at Php150 each. Green ones for Jason and Jasmine and a white one for me. Ace didn't get one though but 3 was plenty. :D




We were ill prepared. But really, we weren't prepared at all. HAHA. We had to ask around for matches cause how else would be able to light our lanterns up? I approached a nice enough looking family and they happily handed over several matchsticks for our disposal. I was counting on the dry floor so I kindly declined the kind man's offer to rip out a striker strip from his matchbox.

We had our lanterns ready and I was crazy delirious. I could see it. I could see the sky in all its lit up glory.


And then it rained.



If you had viewed that video, you'd realize that there is no audio. Evidently enough, I had no idea how to use my phone. HAHA. We couldn't spark our matches and when I saw that I couldn't possibly fly my lantern in that weather, I felt a deep sense of sorrow. LOL. I stuffed my lantern in its plastic bag and, in a dire attempt to make the best out of the situation, I ran around in the rain and swished through puddles instead. Jason and Jasmine soon followed suit. I ended up walking funny cause my shoes were making these squishy sounds; it felt strange. :))





The rain eventually stopped but Jasmine and I decided to save the lanterns to fly together another day. We want to write our wishes on them. :D

When Jasmine and Ace left, Jason and I met up with Naddy who was also at the event. And along with his friend, Angel, we made our way to SM, with my clothes still soaking wet.

They look a picture with a famous fellow there but I didn't know him. After which, they accompanied Jason and me whilst we had dinner at Dimsum's. :D



I was just kidding about having anything at all to talk about on April Fool's day.
It's been eventless so far.
I LED YOU ON. :>

I guess that's April Fool's to you then.
But no, not really.
... Yeah.
HAHAHAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment